Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Twenty Seventh, Jan. 27, 2011

Ode to feeling blech

Arms too heavy to lift
head three times too big
even the aches are stiff
with aches of their own

nothing really hurting
just everything is blech
as the body fights infection
today the infection is winning

keep the smile and persevere
moving forward in the day
not feeling any enthusiasm
but looking ahead with hope

some simple condition
that for me will soon fade
is the  daily life for many
and hope is a distant dream

I count myself as blessed
that this is all I have
and offer prayers for others
that wish to feel this good

Oh God of all these people
by whatever names you are called
I have a wish to ask of you
a simple gift really

for every day I feel like this
let one of them feel relief
let my suffering grant peace
even if only for one day

1 comment: