Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Forty Seventh, Feb. 16, 2011

quiet stillness opens the mind
the inner ears listen raptly
for sounds no other can hear
calming the anxious spirit

times for deeper contemplation
come more often than heeded
life moves too fast toward nothing
sometimes not moving is best

that small soft voice within
will not raise to be heard
unless we lower to meet
that moment will be lost

there is no secret way
each must find their own
the path is unique for all
only we can find our key

the quest of discovery
to find that special place
is indeed one of worth
for there in lies the treasure

discovery of who and why
the parts that make us unique
are also the parts the mold us
to fit our place in the world

sitting in my quiet place
on the pier in my mind
cool water on my bare feet
a breeze brushes my face

my special sunset glows
the world stills around me
sounds of night begin
and peace settles on my soul

this is my still and quiet place
a place to get out of my way
to stop thinking and listen
to discover who I am

do not think I am ignoring
or avoiding you at all
I am merely enjoying a sunset
in my own little world

No comments:

Post a Comment