Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Thirty Second, Feb. 1, 2011

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

blizzard on the way
snow and high winds
temperatures dropping
winter's iron fist

prepare to be surprised
as the storm rages
surprised and unprepared
with 2 days warning

winter comes each year
yet so soon we forget
that includes snow
sometime a lot of it

make it through today
getting safely home
then prepare for tomorrow
letting the storm come

sigh and snuggle deep
wrap up for warmth
watch the storm rage
through windows thick

hot tea beside me
book opened before me
dog pressing my side
ready to enjoy the show

food in plenty waits
for man and beast alike
just let me make it home
then let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

1 comment:

  1. the first stanza...superb!! I so wanted more of the hypernyms (iron fist), but I did get some wonderfully sequenced events that made me want to read the next and the next stanza...it carried me to the end and I wanted more. I like this one.

    ReplyDelete