Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Two Hundred Forty Fourth, September 1, 2011

shall I go to the mountains
or head to visit the ocean
maybe a lake shore escape
a camping trip to the woods

each has its advantages
and its disadvantages too
it is ever so difficult
deciding which I wish

the mountains standing tall
with high snow capped peaks
icy cold lakes and streams
hiking and fishing delight

the ocean's constant waves
washing the white beaches
the smell of the salty air
swimming, surfing all day

or off to the lake shore
for boating and fishing
swimming and water skiing
so much fun out on the water

camping is a great get away
the sounds of the woods
both by day and by night
and 'smores by the fire too

I cannot decide on just one
they are all su great getaways
I think I will take them all
since it is only a day dream

5 comments:

  1. Those who work the hardest, should play the hardest. (a title?)

    Each reader will add to this, think of this, debate about this...and then, in the end...do what you did and grab life by the....horns. *smiles* I know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my title is boring I know. I would name it Getaways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, Clarissa. A one-word title is always more cryptic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had been toying with "Vacations from the Mind" but getaways sounds good..... thinking about that now....

    ReplyDelete