Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Fifteenth, Jan. 15, 2011

you hate me for my color
you hate me for my faith
you hate me for my gender
you hate me for my age

I love you in spite of color
I love you in spite of faith
I love you in spite of gender
I love you in spite of age

it's time to open our eyes
it's time to open our ears
it's time to open our minds
it's time to open our hearts

we need to end the cycle
of mindless blind hate
rhetoric numbing the mind
leading away from truth

we offer freedom for all
then seek to restrict a few
claiming they are callous
our actions taught them how

we claim equality for all
when will we actually mean it
making hate meaningless
uniting us all as one nation?

3 comments:

  1. Sure hope change is coming...great message to share...going to repost (or whatever it's called)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left out the last stanza... not sure I should add it or not
    but will add it here:

    if you truly feel such hate
    place it where it belongs
    hate those that deserve it
    hate me for being better than you

    ReplyDelete
  3. title;mindless cycle

    ReplyDelete