Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Twelfth, Jan. 12, 2011

Preface: It was brought to my attention that Valentine's day is coming up soon and I was asked if I will be doing a soppy romantic poem for that day. I can't say for sure yet, but be warned that a few of that type may flow freely from my mind during this year.


True friends are never lost
and they never go away
distance isn't important
it is when we stop caring

have you ever let one go
by neglect or carelessness
getting too busy in you
to remember they exist?

my heart aches sometimes
eyes swell with tears unshed
as I recall the ones forgotten
for too many memories missed

I still think of them sometimes
wondering where and how
smiling to recall the past
good and bad alike are gems

regrets accomplish nothing
time only flows one way
so time to look around me
and treasure who remains

3 comments:

  1. that is so true, time only does go one way.
    I like this one too....keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart holds the happy memory but also holds the ache of the past and what once was.... very poignant

    ReplyDelete
  3. title; treasured remains

    ReplyDelete