Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Nineteenth, Jan. 19, 2011

Cold nose brushing against blanket warmed skin
heavy breathing, bed shaking slightly, morning
excitement from the start, a day of promise
enthusiasm and happiness I need to learn

From that first good morning he is happy
he dances with joy to see me wake up too
not only because he needs to go outside
but because he truly loves to be with me

sleeping on my feet as I sit up in a chair
curling up beside me when I recline
laying there supervising me when I cook
he is always watching out for me

sleeping all day to save up his energy
so he can run around like mad later on
showing how happy he is to see me
and how glad he is that I came home

The closest friend any could hope for
sharing all secrets and never telling
there to comfort us when we need it
and give company so we are not alone

I rescued my close buddy Maxxie
saved his life and brought him home
just like he wanted when he chose me
and he has enriched my life in return

proof that love given is not wasted
but finds its way back to you tenfold
I now find myself grumbling each morning
as I wake up smiling to his cold nose

3 comments:

  1. Smile that is lovely. and Maxxie is so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tribute for all the animals who enrich our lives with their unconditional love.... Thank you

    ReplyDelete