Friday, January 21, 2011

The Twenty first, Jan. 21, 2011

A hint of yesterday dances in my mind
of days past and deeds long done
but I know better than to look behind
for it is forward that we find the sun

there is no time to lament or regret
life is too precious to waste that way
we should spend wisely all we get
investing in at least one smile every day

I guess I must be feeling my age
as these thoughts tumble in my head
finding their way slowly to the page
rather happy I made it out of bed

life is meant to be lived, enjoyed
not filled with worry and stress
time to experience and feel buoyed
we would cheat ourselves to do less

so time to stop this writing for now
and get on with being one with the day
before I get caught up and forget how
then after work it wil be time to PLAY!!!

1 comment: