Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Fifty Eighth, Feb. 27, 2011

no sun shining out there yet
dogs at the door want in
no thoughts inside want out
another morning comes

slow to wake up again
mentally wandering aimlessly
sipping my coffee slowly
loving quiet mornings

relaxing from the night
toiled through my sleep
tossed and turned and tossed
only still once I awoke

how like the morning
is my mind these days
slow to comprehend
moving through syrup

where is the mind coffee
that will invigorate me
and motivate the brain
cutting through the fog?

perhaps it is age slowing me
or callous apathy perhaps
deluded by the world
which around me melts

now my mind is quiet
though no longer asleep
gentled by my thoughts
finding my peace

good morning world

2 comments:

  1. Anyone wanna tell me what makes prose versus poetry? Sometimes I wonder about this fine line. Meanderings of the morning mind are rarely much of anything, but they are shared experiences. My favorite line today is, "where is the mind coffee that will inigorate me and motivate the brain cutting through the fog?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The following link does a fairly good job of explaining:
    http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/662088-Prose-vs-Poetry

    ReplyDelete