Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Sixtieth, Mar. 1, 2011

Stand firm on the left
raise your clenched fists
shout against the the right
knowing they are insane

Stand firm on the right
raise your voices and shout
call out those on the left
knowing they are insane

I stand in the middle
I raise my hands to the sky
I shake my head in shame
knowing you both are insane

Come join me, middle ground!
Stand up and be heard
it is our voice that must rise
to drown out the madness

Africa is now awakening
changes desperately needed
people claiming rights
the cradle of life once more

watch closely these people
oh developed world
feel the ground shake
as a new ideology blooms

a sweeping is coming
no carpets to hide under
every where will feel it
humanity tires of corruption

sit down on the left
sit on your hands for now
close your mouth finally
take time to listen

sit down on the right
clasp hands in your laps
make certain ears are open
hear the cries of the world

stand up with me in the middle
help wake the sleeping minds
call for accounting of power
be a vocal majority

Wake up and smell the future.

1 comment: