Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Fifty First, Feb. 20, 2011

Ah Spring! How cruel a lover you are!
Tempting me with the kiss of your breezes
soft across my skin so chilled with winter
hinting at the sweetness of your embrace

Warm the promise of your gentle touch
the teasing sun glow bringing smiles
happiness and hope begin to rise
then snow falls once more around me

you tease and tempt me with promise
and then retreat to your private place
leaving me to Winter's harsh hold
I wish you would not play such games

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I think you enjoyed this one wayyyy too much; *laughs* the end sounding quite threatening to poor Spring. Remember, she too is a pawn in all this.

    Seriously, a topic not unheard of, but still delightfully Elizabethan in the way it comes across.

    ReplyDelete