Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Fifty Fourth, Feb. 23, 2011

rambling thoughts lacking coherency
skipping mentally from track to track
coffee is rather tasty this morning
but the day started out very cold

My left shoe needs to be retied
I do like my new shoes
there are clouds now blocking the sun
protesters in Wisconsin and Ohio

they are getting pizza in Madison
support from across the globe
I wish my window opened
Moammar Gadhafi sounds insane


earthquake in New Zealand
big mess in Christ's Church
spring training is in full swing
yes, it is time to re-tie my shoe


days like these are difficult
as I need to find my focus
forcing the mind to settle down
and stay in one place for me


need to concentrate on one thing
complete a project and move on
stay on target until complete
a strain on the scattered mind


my life is filled with such days
making "success" a struggle
but what is success any way?
today, it is completing this poem


my shoe still needs re-tied...

1 comment:

  1. I cannot help but say, "Bravo"!!! Before the year is up, I am now INSIDE your mind. I cannot say it has the beauty of a sunset, but it is just as mezmerizing.

    ReplyDelete