Sunday, April 17, 2011

The One Hundred Eighth, Apr. 17, 2011

isn't technology
a wonderful thing?
you sit in the library
and hear a phone ring!

no place is private
in this world any more
hearing half conversations
in checkout lines at the store

surfing the web
reading emails too
its amazing how many
rude things we can do!

I like to be quiet
to be out of touch
to be alone a while
its not asking that much

I do love my web
being online all day
but still there are times
when I need to slip away

out of the loop
and off of the chart
my own quiet solitude
bringing peace to my heart

so I take my tea
settle back down
to my secluded world
but I will see you around!

1 comment:

  1. It's got a wonderfully simple rhythm for a wonderfully simple need...almost a lullaby. Now I will drift back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete