Friday, April 15, 2011

The One Hundred Sixth, Apr. 15, 2011

I close my eyes
I do not see you
I close my ears
I do not hear you

I close my heart
I do not feel you
I close my mind
you are not there

my life is full
I am happy now
no more ugliness
only conformity

eyes need closed
so there is no color
no false brightness
nor distractions

ears are better closed
no need for music
no poetry of songs
to soothe the mind

my heart holds enough
no need for any more
overrated feelings
altering my balance

mind needs closed
lest impure thoughts
find their way in
and make me think

you are different
and therefore wrong
you threaten my way
and so you must go

complacent contentment
my own status quo
I want no changes
so I close you out

this is my world
you have no place
you encroach on me
altering my gray

you are too different
you must be evil
you are not like me
you must be wrong

watch the world turn
enjoy the colors
step outside your walls
realize shallow is least

1 comment:

  1. Truly remarkable. I have instant tears in my eyes, weeping for two reasons. Another amazement.

    ReplyDelete