Sunday, April 10, 2011

The One Hundred First, Apr. 10, 2011

time eternal
moment fleeting
past unchangeable
tomorrow untouchable

live in the now
be in the instant
know each breath
fir this is all we have

understand priorities
know they are flexible
some are always higher
never put them off too long

life is not eternal
tomorrow uncertain
share the life you have
for it is your greatest gift

enjoy each breath
taste the flavor of life
spice it well with variety
sweeten it daily with love

hold on to dreams
hold on to memories
hold on to loved ones
hold on to individuality

do not regret
but give thanks
for every lesson
even those with pain

and thank those
that made you you
into the person you are
Thank you Mom and Dad

not said enough
not truly understood
but you guided my steps
and helped me find my way

I love you both, and I can never say that enough.

1 comment:

  1. Before your tribute, I see such richness in your words. My favorite line is, "Share the life you have for it is your greatest gift".

    ReplyDelete