Monday, May 9, 2011

The One Hundred Thirtieth, May 09, 2011

I do not see what you see
I do not hear what you hear
I have traveled my own path
and you have been on yours

we know different worlds
as we stand side by side
watching the same events
seeing distinct phenomenon

perhaps similar enough
that we can recognize them
perhaps so uniquely altered
as to be a from a new world

how can one ask another
to blindly be like themselves
without altering the vision
and limiting the wonder?

imagine how dull it would be
if there was only one vision
if there was only one sound
if there was only one truth

I am not you, you are not me
this is why living matters
to create our own worlds
and live the lives we are given

Be unique, be original, be who you are

1 comment:

  1. It's not only how dull it would be, it's also an incarceration of sorts to insist on such a blindness. It's abuse. But when it's asked of you and you comply, it's a choice.

    This topic is fraught with barbs.

    ReplyDelete