Saturday, June 18, 2011

The One Hundred Seventieth, June 18, 2011

exhaustion holds me close
drawing me toward sleep
though the night is young
I am feeling so very old

it is the illusion effect
the double bladed truth
my age is not extreme
but more than I imagine

a day well spent in fun
felt like twenty years ago
the super man for hours
now too soon wears down

The bliss of being older
knowing the vast truths
the misery of it as well
in not being able to do

despite how it may feel
stiffness will soon fade
feeling better very soon
with the memories forever

it was indeed a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot imagine anyone reading this will not stop, smile, feel the warmth of this moment in time with you, and then drift off in their mind with many thoughts of their own, as I did. A very poignant piece of poetry, if you will forgive the alliteration.

    ReplyDelete