Sunday, June 19, 2011

The One Hundred Seventy First, June 19, 2011

WORDS

we each hold within
the keys of magic
a source of power
mighty strong vast

power to do good
power to do evil
to make others strong
or to destroy them

misplace one sound
alter with a synonym
even reverse orders
meanings can change

perhaps unintentionally
being lost in translation
but sometimes intended
meant to confuse another

yet deep inside these
a simple plain meaning
that all should clearly see
I love you, Dad!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. This one is complex. Communication is complex. It's a difficult topic, in my estimation. The first two stanzas definitely appeals to me. The third and fourth stanzas bother me. There is truth in them. I don't love the truth of them, perhaps. I definitely hope the "plain meaning" stanza is what comes out of the two that bother me...perhaps I worry it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete