Sunday, July 10, 2011

The One Hundred Ninety Second, July

what is that you are doing
asked the bright eyed child
looking at me curiously
as I pondered what to say

I am searching for a poem
seeking the words that fit
to express deep thoughts
or show the gentle feelings

the small face scrunches up
the child lost deep in thought 
a gentle shaking of the head
I don't think I understand

I am only playing a game
using words instead of balls
but it isn't very easy today
I think I am out of vowels

with further contemplation
the wisdom has arrived
don't worry so much he said
you can sometimes use a Y


2 comments:

  1. That is one of the top poems you have written. It's incredibly sweet, totally honest, and it flows like water quenching a thirst and cooling the air on a hot, muggy day. I want to read it many times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Connie. This is the kind of poem that you find simple pleasure and an unexpected smile

    ReplyDelete