Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Three Hundred Nineteenth, November 15, 2011

I watch the fading light
that once was common
common sense
common decency
common courtesy
common interest

the dimming was quiet
now bangs or booms
no oooos or ahhhhhhs
just the fading away
and a small little pop
self-absorbed takes over

amazing amount of centers
the world revolves around
it isn't global warming
its friction building
from too many axis
competing for lubrication

soon all the little pieces
will fly off into space
each their own trajectory
until they slow down
finding their own place
the next big bang....

1 comment:

  1. I like this poem very much. The first stanza is incredible. This poem has the depth I require, the storytelling I love, the rhythm that allows me to feel and sway, the personal touch I come to expect.

    As we look around, look ahead, look back, many of us wish to fret and project a sense of hopelessness in humanity. That's easily done. Because it's easily done, I cannot.

    ReplyDelete