Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Three Hundred Thirty Third, November 29, 2011

feeling clumsy and lopsided
joyous three fingered hand
tape binding two as one
new adventure in adversity

reminding me of freedom
how I long for it once more
and if others feel the same
civil unrest is understood

I can remove my tape
releasing the fingers trapped
instantly made free again
but too soon will not heal

it is the same for people
too long oppressed
gaining independence
before they understand

the eager soon fall victim
to some other repressive
losing freedoms once more
it takes time to learn how

time to learn for us all
those born to it as well
some to learn living with
others to not give it away

there can be no freedom
unless there is equality
there can be no equality
when any remain bound

1 comment:

  1. It makes me long for the guidance to learn about my role in freedom. It makes me sad I don't know how. Perhaps others in my sphere can learn from me.

    A lovely analogy.

    ReplyDelete