Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Three Hundred Thirty Fifth, December 1, 2011

I can see the ahead
the distance closes
the end of the path
though still unknown

feet tired and sore
still shuffling on
hope for tomorrow
shining city of gold

who am I kidding
I am not into gold
and never for a city
happier if its clean

look back on the road
the adventures held
the feelings stirred
memories renewed

not time for regret
nor for lamenting
the road still turns
tomorrow unknown

a new step waits
I hear it calling me
my name echoes
across empty time

soon the void fills
one more day fades
what lesson learned?
each step is precious

1 comment:

  1. I'm hearing a road weary person who still keeps the perspective of previous poems about the unknown path ahead and the heart required to live each moment mindfully. To those who have been following you in this journey, they are the better for it.

    ReplyDelete