Friday, January 7, 2011

The Seventh, Jan, 7, 2011

Things don't always go right
that makes life interesting
at least that is what I'm told
but I don't know about it

is a boring life so wrong?
can't I be happy with dull?
did I ask to have thrills?
interesting is over rated

stress, pressures and anxiety
deadline real and pretend
leading to ulcers, heart attacks
and sadly even more

anxiety makes things go wrong
like male pattern baldness
and even erectile dysfunction
the circle of life continues

lets get stressed about stress
take a pill to fix A
another pill to fix B
third to fix side effects

if only things went right
we would need fewer pills
our hair would stick around
and our......

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing this! I love reading your poetry and am so proud of you for committing to it. Reading it never fails give me and smile or make me think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, Lisa! Thanks for the comment. I know that I will be smiling every time I read this.

    ReplyDelete