Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Sixth, 06, Jan, 2011

frail and fragile, delicate and shy
I saw the sun peeking out today
but I foolishly said hello and it fled
another three weeks of waiting

I love winter on bright sunny days
sitting in the warmth looking out
watching the ice form on the glass
not going out into it on a bet

hot cup of coffee in my hand
looking out the front window
see the neighbor with his blower
growling as he clears off the sidewalks

crystals sparkle and shimmer
ice as beautiful as diamonds
they are beautiful indeed, BUT
I would rather see sunshine on waves

I have nothing against winter
but I have nothing for it either
no point complaining about it
it will go away soon enough

every year the days last longer
yet the seasons change faster
time races past, quicker each year
but the cold stays in the joints longer

stiff and creaking, aching, slow to move
is lasting longer into each spring
I wonder when it will stretch into July
I really hate the fripping cold

2 comments:

  1. It's a nice read... probably cause it's familiar... My gosh.. I can't imagine how you do this daily!!! It's really neat!!! Melanies' is posted on fb and it's easier to figure out how to get there. Is there a way to do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably, but I intentionally planned to keep this outside of facebook. I want this blog to draw readers based on the content and not the connections in facebook. I am hoping for word of mouth etc. to see the follower list and the page reads numbers grow.

    ReplyDelete