Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Eightieth, Mar. 20, 2011

Procrastination is my companion
much to my personal annoyance
made powerful by my own fears
threatening to control my world

putting things off is the escape
avoiding the pressures of time
is only delaying the inevitable
amplifying all the discomforts

what fears fuel my hesitancy
and cause my destructive ways?
am I defective to feel like this?
can I find a way to fix myself?

I fear looking deep within me
afraid of what I will find there
seeing the flaws so glaring
revealing all my imperfections

but this monster in my closet
must be exposed and battled
for the sake of my tomorrows
and getting through today

inside I have found things
do I dare to explore them
to probe those depths within
and share them with others?

to overcome these obstacles
they must be fully revealed
lest something remain secret
true change blocked again

comfort zone abandoned
stepping out into the light
offering the me I find within
this is my own greatest fear

Deep breath and slow exhale
step across that invisible line
the time has come for me at last
to open up and share with others

I will start this adventure tomorrow.....

1 comment:

  1. Procrastination. Some have it, some suffer under it, everyone understands part of it. It's painful to read about it, bringing up those issues which are just below the surface and rise like a demon, if the skin is but scratched. There are books on it - books and books - Have others ended it?

    ReplyDelete