Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Ninety First, Mar. 31, 2011

you look my way but do not see
I watch your eyes lose focus
you deliberately see beyond me
though you may not even know

you look away as you approach
moving nonchalantly to the side
avoiding any chance of contact
as though I am a fatal a disease


You assume I am nothing
you assume I have no value
you assume most incorrectly
but you are too blind to see


yet you do not even know me
have never seen me before
you judge on your impression
revealing your ignorance

I am a person the same as you
not worse, but perhaps better
I understand my blindness
and so I seek to open my eyes

and so before you judge another
you need to look with your heart
not with your distorted glasses
of biased social misconceptions

when you find the true value
you may be shocked to see
that the value is not within you
but is found in things you miss

1 comment:

  1. Once again, this piece has a number of twists. What stands out amongst them all is one thing: "You see the value in YOU" and that can be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete