Saturday, April 9, 2011

The ONE HUNDREDTH, Apr. 9, 2011

Preface: One hundred .... I am surprised I have not only kept at it but that I have managed to find things to write on. A century today and its waiting for your reading pleasure. A special thanks to all of you that stop by to share my little madness. #100 is ready! Have a great day!


I sometimes sit alone and sing
it doesn't matter what song
it is the act of singing alone
that lifts my spirits higher

emotions ride upon the lyrics
drifting around and through me
creating dualities of sensations
juxtapositions of harmonies

singing for myself alone
brings me personal pleasure
happy in the expression
of thoughts through music

other feelings come as well
from the words themselves
two sensations at one time
thrilling my perception

powerful lyrics stir the spirit
amplified by the very joy
given in setting the words free
and the effect deeply moves

today I sought inspiration
as I sang some old favorites
and instead found comfort
in being with familiar friends

motivational works lifted
brought chills to my skin
and hope to my heart
too much energy to sit still

though I may sound flat
happily singing off key
the magic keeps working
and my spirit soars free

there was such a need for me
in my struggle to wake today
gray drab skies pressing in
leeching away hopes of elation

and so I turned to my music
those faithful friends of mine
and shared with them my day
disproving the old theory

you really can pick yourself up!!

1 comment:

  1. Music is so much like poetry. Music is ancient. It continues to be an amazing part of everyone's life. I'm glad this ode was so strongly presented. It definitely created a smile for anyone reading it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete