Friday, August 19, 2011

The Two Hundred Thirty First, August 19, 2011

I am not silent
merely unheard
the dark private thought
behind every word

I am the truth
you do not reveal
that secret you keep
locked with cold steel

I am the lie
you've told for a while
conveniently covered
with well polished smile

I am the nightmare
causing cold sweats
haunting your sleep
and fed on regrets

I am your past
and you cannot hide
a constant companion
along for the ride

I am the unknown
that no one can see
but for those stories
that you tell of me

I am what I am
immune to all change
the ongoing story
you can't rearrange

you need to accept me
as your lessons learned
each time you laughed
as well as got burned

I am your foundation
I can be weak or strong
if you try to deny me
we won't last too long

it is your choice
on which way we go
we can climb high
we can sink low

embrace who we are
the good and the bad
but what ever you choose
I like what we've had

3 comments: