Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Two Hundred Thirty Second, August 20, 2011

mirror mirror on the wall
what a major pain you are
you keep showing truths
but I don't want those

these lines under those eyes
surely cannot belong to me
and the gray hair I see there
must be fog on the glass

your face looks so tired
as exhausted as I feel
but that cannot be me
after all, I am only 25!

oh mirror, I know that look
you do not believe what I say
you strip away the veneer
giving a cold hard reality check

I really don't like some mornings.....

2 comments:

  1. I just know how you feel :( Sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth hurts. I prefer truth. I hurt. Life is pain. Now, it's really clear who the masochist is.

    This poem "almost" rhymes at times. The rhyming has an illusive quality to it. Those "almost rhymes" carry you from line to line with the feeling of the "music" that rhyming sometimes provides. But because it "almost" rhymes, it has a quality of discomfort, like the theme. *grins*

    One example per stanza: wall/are; me/see; tired/25; look/check (granted, it's a stretch...laughs)

    ReplyDelete