Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Two Hundred Thirty Third, August 21, 2011

deep quiet settles
the night is calm
a soft light glows
a circle of sunset

it is here inside
a hole in darkness
the day continues
soft still and gentle

my feet propped up
a book in my hand
glass of wine beside
prepared for relaxation

then a sudden stirring
a small black shape
slipping into my lap
and the purring begins

a time of bonding
between cat and I
as each of us forgive
the other's actions

and so the day ends
with peaceful thoughts
forgotten by morning
as the game starts again


3 comments:

  1. The second stanza is pure poetry!!

    The rest is sweet and soft, like the poem.

    "a hole in darkness" suits me as a title

    ReplyDelete
  2. and so the day ends [...] forgotten by morning

    what a great line

    ReplyDelete
  3. This poem conjures up a nice warm feeling of cosiness. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete