Monday, September 19, 2011

The Two Hundred Sixty Second, September 19, 2011

I have a little question
that's been troubling me today
is it alright to be crazy
and is it insane to be OK?

and does it really matter
what someone calls you in the end
can it be as important
as who considers you their friend?

if standing on my head
turns the world all topsy turvy
doesn't that just prove
that it does revolve around me?

I really tried hard today
to find some sanity deep within
but once more I was lost
with out a clue where to begin

I think I sort of like that
being considered off the wall
making life less boring
in fact I'm having quite a ball

3 comments:

  1. I love the rhyming in your poem today and once again this poem made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. turvy and "around me"....very creative rhyming

    It takes courage to be this person you describe. If you are looking for sanity, just do your job, clean house, watch tv, and go to bed early just to get up the next morning freshly prepared for the day. Eat right, exercise regularly, love your neighbor as yourself (and vote!!). That should provide a dose of sanity. Eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun - AND it sounds like it could be our family theme song!

    ReplyDelete