Friday, September 23, 2011

The Two Hundred Sixty Sixth, September 23, 2011

and so I sit once more
contemplating the words
still echoing in the past
waiting for her return

she comes to me quietly
a shadow that fades away
when ever I turn to see
a glimpse nothing more

the muse is a mystery
never one to be tamed
living by her own rules
always a welcome guest

never answering a call
there when she wishes
filling a certain need
only she can understand

I love and hate her
all in the same breath
for the inspiration given
and the long wait for it

perhaps it is just me
and I do not need muse
perhaps it is my crutch
but I won't push my luck

thank you for coming
to rescue me once more
a center for my focus
letting the words flow free

2 comments:

  1. Relationships are always complex, even with muses and/or just parts of one's self. A very intriguing topic....the passion in this poem is strong. It shows in the way you used the words...it flowed. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this poem too. It expresses the emotions very well.

    ReplyDelete