Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Two Hundred Eighty Second, October 9, 2011

time is drifting past
once again I wait
inspiration is waiting
just around the corner

why not just give up
just write something
toss it against the wall
turn around call it a day

would anyone mind
after all the work so far
would anyone blame me
for just one day of slack

but no it cannot happen
the ethic drives me on
demands the best of me
and nothing less will do

they may not all be great
but each will be legit
struggles though they be
the readers deserve this

and so my mind shakes
rattling the rocks inside
until at last a something
falls out through my hands

I don't know how it works
and I doubt I ever will
it is the miracle of it all
they just seem to appear

perhaps it is the project
summoning them forth
providing the inspiration
when I can see none

where ever they fall from
I know that I am glad
to see the words forming
as I enjoy this wild ride

2 comments:

  1. A very personal rendering of "how it is" to do what you are doing. You do not complain and whine but show the dignity and grace in the process. It's humbling to read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us all these poems. I marvel how you can write one poem everyday. Once again, thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete