Monday, October 24, 2011

The Two Hundred Ninety Seventh, October 24, 2011

Another Monday Diatribe


my quiet contemplation
upon the situation
led to my consternation
whatever can we say

perhaps a proclamation
made without reservation
spread across the nation
would help to save the day

should we even care
and try to do our share
becoming more aware
make opinions sway

and can we even dare
to raise a voice and compare
as though we are even there
not safely out of the way

now all thoughts will scatter
as you listen to my chatter
but does it really matter
its just a way to play

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I see the play. I also see what it could apply to. The pattern is the play, but that's not all it is. It's sugar sprinkled atop a mound of large thoughts that are hard to swallow. "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down...."

    ReplyDelete