Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Two Hundred Seventy Eighth, October 5, 2011

may I help you?
a wonderful question
answered with another
can I be helped?

I have often wondered
if there is any for me
or will I just plod on
the way I always have

guess it doesn't matter
help is not in store
I am stubborn enough
to try it all on my own

so can anyone help
or is it all individual
to figure it all out
in the way that fits

this is how you fix it
its what you need to do
I am already doing that
so I guess I am fixed

but I don't remember the snip

2 comments:

  1. No one can help you if you don't want to help yourself. My teacher told me that and I think that is the truth. Friends offering advice can be helpful or not but if we want to help ourselves, we can consider all options and choose what we think is the best. Maybe everyone already knows that and I am just spouting redundant nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very funny ending!!

    The first stanza has a nice twist of the question. In the second stanza is what many face, i.e., are there sufficient reasons for trying to make changes in myself?

    In the end, we are responsible for ourselves, both the strengths and weaknesses we find in ourselves. Consulting is always an option, but still...consultants don't have all the answers for everyone.

    Now when I think about that phrase, I will laugh a little more...am I fixed?

    ReplyDelete