Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Two Hundred Seventy Ninth, October 6, 2011

a Swedish poet wins the prize
and someone decides to explain
why it was not a yank, again
and it seems we just don't care

we dwell within ourselves
writing from our own lives
telling our petty personal tales
too afraid to rock any boats

we write from what we know
we do not expand beyond
we limit ourselves by this
essentially we are boring

do we stand up and protest
or simply whine and complain
we do not express beyond
simply wallow in US

this is not my path at all
to accept such a condemnation
I speak my mind freely
no matter how mom resents

I express displeasure often
calling government to task
ranting about the fallacies
we are supposed to believe

let me speak my mind
and not care who hears
in fact the fewer the better
less questions to answer

wake up you sleeping fools
stand up and face the truth
we are why we are left behind
as we accept their truths

I speak what I see with my eyes
expressed with my words
and only seek understanding
within the mind of the reader

do we really suffer so
in literary understanding
because public education
is allowed to be such a joke?

WAKE UP AMERICA
YOU ARE FAILURES
a disgrace to the very world
you imagine yourselves leading

vanity buys you failures
greed provides for the few
the revolution is coming
where will you stand then?

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean you require no approval to speak your mind? Does this mean you require no approval to see yourself as the very best the world has to offer? I hope it does, on both accounts. (more comments to follow)

    ReplyDelete