Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Three Hundred Forty Seventh, December 13, 2011

I remember the little things
those moments that last
bringing me smiles today
that I may have missed then

I remember lessons taught
some much slower learned
others known in an instant
not one not easily forgotten

despite what it seemed then
or through time between
all that matters is today
when at last I understand

I learned life is never easy
if you are truly living it
trouble will rise to meet you
shake its hand and send it on

I learned that hardships are
that life without them is dull
that each creates a chapter
in the book that is our life

I learned that poker is wrong
because a full house wins
when love holds the aces
and hearts are on the sleeve

I learned what we are not
the moments of our pasts
we are the moment of our now
be proud of our road here

I have learned many lessons
from cooking to laughing
and many more as well
and yes,  it is all your fault

Happy Birthday, Mom..... I love you too!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to wish your mom a happy birthday too! Life is a journey of lessons is it not? We learn all the time although we may not be aware of it. I suggest the title of this poem to be I learn.

    ReplyDelete