Monday, December 12, 2011

The Three Hundred Forty Sixth, December 12, 2011

heart beats faster
pulse beginning to pound
anxious thrill and fear
mixing in joyful sorrow

bitter sweet memmories
the past holds me now
caught within my words
exposed before the future

will there be an end to this
or will madness drive me
compulsion pushing forward
beyond the realm of reason

can this journey really end
having become my focus
the force that inspired me
so much of what I have become

is this a cloak that shields
comforting me on my road
shall I lay it aside at the end
or wear it, hiding within

such thoughts sit up with me
as sleep evades my mind
where will I look tomorrow
and what will I seek there

anxiety sadness and joy
holding hands upon the cliff
smile knowingly to one another
stepping off the edge as one

1 comment:

  1. This poem contains a plethora of feelings. I hate to co-opt but, it reminds me of a box of chocolates that can, without knowing every center, overwhelm you. So, you taste and let it ruminate so you will be open to being inspired by each one.

    You will not allow the compulsion to decide for you. Every day allows you to make a new decision on your path. Cloaks can be loosed. It is your choice not to make plans that rule you. Seek wisdom from those you trust and then sift it through your own filter.

    ReplyDelete