Friday, December 9, 2011

The Three Hundred Forty Third, December 9, 2011

morning has broken
I didn't do it
like the first morning
that one either



and so I sit and wonder
a concept some may fear
as it leads my mind to wander
and its what brought me here

if breaking things is bad
because it requires repair
then why claim it for the day
I can find no logic there

I would rather of blooming
day growing from the east
perhaps just use sun rising
that doesn't hurt at least

insisting on dawn cracking
as some important sign
why not use an alarm clock
that was why I bought mine

it all seems pessimistic
a mild defeatist mentality
beginning the day defective
what can you hope it will be

1 comment:

  1. All this is true and a picayune matter in some respect but the desire, the eagerness for beauty and positiveness show through in this poem.

    On the other hand, to get to the eggs, a shell must be cracked open, et alia.

    ReplyDelete