Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Three Hundred Forty Fourth, December 10, 2011

I see no light up ahead
can sense no end to it
this is not a dark tunnel
there is no darkness here

it is hard to detect up there
something lighting the way
the end of the tunnel shining
as everything is just gray

I see the glow of my trail
fading away behind me
nothing else is clear here
yet still not feeling lost

I can feel the wall is near
marking the end of this
is it a closing of the road
or the doorway into more

I do not yet know the answer
and may not until the end
and after all this time I've spent
I think that may be a very good thing

2 comments:

  1. Being "in the moment" is always important, never simple, but becomes "the way". You capture that essence in this poem. Those of us reading this, who are not "in the moment" find what fearful images in this poem and leave shaking our heads wondering how you are surviving such knowledge of what it means and still accepting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this poem too. Wondering if you are talking about your project. The second stanza is a little difficult to understand as it seems contradictory.

    ReplyDelete