Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Three Hundred Thirty Eighth, December 4, 2011

and so we come here once more
you and I alone, face to face
there is no avoiding any longer
one on one until there is only one

I sense your tension building
anxiety rides on your shoulder
you are feeling your doubts
the first cold touch of dread

you know you will fall to me
you cannot resist my power
my will overpowers resistance
surrender to me and be spared

you know all resistance is futile
yield and end your torment
just give yourself over to me
and all your suffering will end

No, cupcake.. I do NOT need you, thanks for the offer

1 comment:

  1. As the darkness descends, your creativity rises and your willpower and heart prevail. Hurrah!!!! I love poems that mask what the meaning is. I get to decide what I "know" it must be and feel extremely powerful. Hurray!!! The truth is that this struggle resonanates with us all in those moments alone. We know that when we return to this poem at a later time, we will wonder what the hullabalu was all about.

    ReplyDelete