Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The One Hundred Seventy Third, June 21, 2011

Turns in the Road

some change is good
some change is bad
some is just change
serving no purpose

rearrange the furniture
shake your head a bit
change it back again
and still not happy

no real need for some
the wheel works fine
but always improve
just look at the tire

but avoiding evolution
because of inner fear
not only restricts us
it can stagnate as well

stand steadfast in you
retaining the person
let the changes come
and know who you are

changes can often hurt
but they can also heal
opening new avenues
to find our inner peace

I shall strive to embrace
those changes I must
welcoming the growth
while praying for the best

the journey continues...

2 comments:

  1. a comment left for me on facebook: You're good at making us think...even if our thoughts are not the intention... absolutely love change... seems like life is always on the move... hardly ever standing still...moving... always transforming in one way or another... (life also allows... & sometimes demands... stillness & that's ok too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say this is my favorite stanza:

    stand steadfast in you
    retaining the person
    let the changes come
    and know who you are

    The other stanzas vacillate and show the many options changes can bring. This stanza is a stalwart amid all the possibilities presented.

    I must say I don't know how we avoid evolution; revolution perhaps. If it's a synonym for "a deep change in one's life", then I accept it a bit.

    The difficulty you do not yet address: Which changes to you "fight against the dying of the light" and which to you embrace? It's individual, of course. It's time-dependent, of course. We don't know, is the answer I'm looking for, but I still want to know.

    ReplyDelete