Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Two Hundred Nineteenth, August 6, 2011

a vast sea of head
bobbing on waves
of pedestrianism

faces flicker past
each one different
each still so alike

eyes glazed over
with vacant stares
looking but not seeing

angry conversations
held with emptiness
only one sided anger

and a whimsical smile
with ears covered over
lost in a private concert

that mus be a tourist
deer in headlights panic
feeling completely lost

over there is the hippy
still lost out of time
and not caring at all

all shapes and sizes
colors and shades
pressed together

each face is unique
all blend into one
the face of a city

1 comment:

  1. I envision this poem being epic. I want it to be epic, not a brief look. I want a week's worth, a month's worth of observations and experience. I cannot get enough of it. This is so...brief, so...surface. The point being, I like it enough to want more, to want depth...to see how it affects you. Even if I don't get it, I will walk out into the street today, looking differently at everything.

    ReplyDelete