Monday, September 12, 2011

The Two Hundred Fifty Fifth, September 12, 2011

The question I'm asked all the time
is why is it my poems don't rhyme
the answer is easy you see
that style doesn't appeal to me

I speak the thoughts in my mind
which are often quite hard just to find
if you look just to find the measure
you will certainly miss the treasure

chaotic eruption of thought
feelings explode into words
images composed in the mind
flashes of insight beyond intent

deeper meanings reveal themselves
hidden away beneath the surface
most unintended when written
subconscious message to conscious

this is a secret I freely will share
the meanings I didn't put there
reveal things even to me
that I didn't imagine to be

messages mixed between the minds
the private speaks to the public
amazing the hand that wrote them
too productive to be an accident

a new revelation on the journey....

2 comments:

  1. Point well made. Today's revelation opened my mind. I hope it opens those of others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of your verses here rhymed very well! I especially like the second stanza.

    ReplyDelete