Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Two Hundred Ninety Fifth, October 22, 2011

looking back on tomorrow
I realize the dream is real
but reality is just a dream
a juxtaposition of concepts

what will today hold for me
in the dreams of yesterday
in the monochrome world
of high definition living color

there is no logic involved
in such vague statements
as if it were even needed
as time follows no pattern

the illusion we live is ours
within linear man made hours
blinded to the truth of time
believing it is all that matters

we fight to ignore mortality
resisting the inevitable
but we cannot win that fight
and in the end is there an end?

if time continues without us
then why would our's stop
perhaps there is no time at all
and life is only ...........

1 comment:

  1. The first two stanzas elude me. The first time I read the first line of the first stanza it didn't sink in. I thought I understood it, but I hadn't. The third stanza acknowledges my own confusion.

    Then, after that third stanza, comes a sense of understanding and comfort for me. The last stanza is a new thought I've never considered.

    I like this poem. It takes me on a trip that throws me off balance.

    ReplyDelete