Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Two Hundred Ninety Third, October 20, 2011

thanks for punching me
for launching me airborne
across the living room
for telling me to go away

thanks for sitting alone
when I asked to play catch
reading a book instead
and still being better at it

thanks for growing up
being the golden child
setting the bar so high
it was impossible to touch

thank you for being you
then as you are now
you made my life harder
and I grew because of it

you always stood beside me
defending from the wrongs
though no one believed you
expecting me to be to blame

you supported my crazy ideas
listened to my wild rants
understood the strange twists
and never judged me for it

you were my hero then
I admire you more today
and then you tell me a secret
you wanted to be like me

to the greatest big brother
I am glad I was given you
you are an inspiration for me
as you are for many others

happy birthday to my big brother!
I love you.....

2 comments:

  1. So very personal, so very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your brother will be so touched reading this poem.

    ReplyDelete