Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Two Hundred Ninety Second, October 19, 2011

watching cowboy movies again
riding those horses hard and fast
clouds of dust rising into the sky
losing their hats in the chase

next scene hat is in place again
not a lot of dust on their clothes
walking along the streets of dust
the ladies in fine clean dresses

never quite understood that
as a kid I wanted to be one
a cowboy riding the range
I got dirty thinking about it

that doesn't seem very fair
my dreams crushed so soon
because I never learned how
to have that Hollywood style

I needed the wear and wear
the never too dirty clothes
then my dreams may have been
the Wild West would know my name

howdy, partner.. you can call me Dusty

1 comment:

  1. At first I thought it was a typo, then I read the next line in the last stanza. Clever!

    I won't say I fully understand this one. There are several ways to think about it. I will say the nostalgic tint of sienna comes into my mind.

    ReplyDelete