Friday, March 11, 2011

The Seventieth, Mar. 11, 2011

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
I found this poem,
Stuck to my shoe.

but on a more serious note:

Too many things around me
happening too fast to follow
feeling lost as I try to swim
fighting the surging waves

turn right into earthquakes
turn left to find the tsunami
ahead are near east protests
behind local failing democracy

it is impossible to follow them
and hope to see events clearly
blurring by the sheer quantity
of events outside my scope

closer to me are other concerns
blind eyes turned to corruption
cronyism running rampant.... still
new faces taking the old places

difficult times are upon many
but the few can still turn a blind eye
have nots must sacrifice and suffer
while the haves keep taking more

eventually the fog will dissipate
and a pattern begin to emerge
discovering all things are united
evil wears only one face

intentional ignorance

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, another opposite of common sense (or good), "intentional ignorance". can we rid ourselves of it all, every day?

    ReplyDelete