Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Seventy First, Mar. 12, 2011

Can some one explain to me
when and how we changed
altering society's priorities
making new illogical truths

corporations have personal rights
but not gays and lesbians
rich deserve the tax breaks
paid for by the low income

when did corporate greed
become our social need?
sorry you are different, folks
ALL HAIL WALL STREET!!

give me the free easy money
show me the profits, baby!
screw the labor over hard
to earn that dime dividend

no need for family values
with loving parents at home
if we can save on taxes
giving bonuses to the board

better stress and competition
controlling our every day
dominating personal lives
and destroying the home

than allowing real people
with caring and love to spare
join in a ceremony to show
the world their commitment

what will be the great decline?
will we marry our jobs legally
as companies have more rights
then those of our own kind

it all revolves around money
Wall Street offers a dream
free money for the taking
forget that nothing is free

better we support divorce
and the throw away family
then support love and caring
because they are not like us

stop the hate in God's name
as you fear the name Allah
believing yourselves the only
and all others damned

going about your life of lies
hypocrisy running rampant
claims of christian ideals
ignored behind closed doors

give the office your soul
give the office your devotion
give the office your life
worship the bottom line

follow the corporate path
chant their mantra of greed
faithfully playing your part
dedicate your life to THEM

then comes the day it fails
the profits are falling fast
you act surprised at this
as your calmly cast aside

and what do you see there
in the corner you ignored?
the happy family still exists
in spite of your blind hate

businesses are not eternal
societies also rise and fall
religions go through changes
only people endure it all

time to reevaluate our lives
determine the real values
opening minds and hearts
stopping all discrimination

Time to stop believing blindly
open your eyes, ears and minds
think a bit before you hate
or risk becoming the hated

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that one went on that long. And I thought I was struggling to find something to say. I think now it is more a case of struggling to find the words needed to let the idea out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I was walking down the street and saw a ten year old boy playing the violin next to his mother outside. I was thinking, "Oh, well, I guess that's a unique way to motivate one's otherwise boring practice of a violin, i.e., show off in public....Then I saw the sign behind him, "Please donate to those in need in Japan". Then I realized how quick I was to see the what I wanted to see in a situation...and how a boy can simply "Do whatever he can when he is touched by an event and feeling helpless". Of course, I wept...I always do when i see people "passing on" the love they have received.

    ReplyDelete