Monday, March 7, 2011

The Sixty Sixth, Mar. 7, 2011

I am tired of ranting
tired of same old same
my voice grows hoarse
but nothing changes

is there anybody out there?
is there anyone in here?
is there any sanity left?
it seems missing in me

it is time for me to stop
trying to make sense
of things around me
before I find dispair

it seems all reason has fled
taking common sense too
leaving only selfish greed
growing to encompass all

what happens to us next
when only me now matters?
living in the moment
hedonism run amok

the instant gratification
seeking satisfaction for me
always pleasure for self
and damning all the rest

I am tired of the foot
kicking folks that fall
only so they lay still
to be used as a stair

have we outgrown it
the sense of clan, of WE
has ME become the all
that drives humanity?

if so then whats the use
why continue the fight
to bring community back?
I am feeling very tired....

1 comment: